WHY JOIN OATLY?
Oatly is on a rocket-like growth trajectory, with more people embracing plant-based diets for their well-being and the environment. If you're driven to help us make a positive impact in the world, here's your chance to be a change-maker.
As Business Controller at Oatly, you'll be the crucial link between the finance department and 3 of our key functions: our Creative and Brand department, aka The Department of Mind Control (ODMC), Sustainability and People & Transformation (P&T).
Your role supports functional Heads, including the Chief Creative Office (CCO), the SVP of Global Brand & Creative, the Chief Transformation & People Officer (CTP), the Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO), the SVP EMEA & Global Controlling and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with whom you share information on progress, risk and opportunities within your functions.
Your primary responsibility is to provide financial guidance, expenditure tracking and analysis, and support to help drive informed decision-making. You are there to ensure good cost control, track performance and achieve financial objectives.
The role reports into the SVP of EMEA and Global Controlling and will be based in Malmö, Sweden or Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Native/full professional proficiency in English is a must. Fluent Swedish is very useful but not mandatory.
This next section is for all the bullet point lovers out there:
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
University degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- 7+ years professional experience with a minimum of 3 years in financial analysis, business partnering, or a similar role.
- Strong financial modelling and data analysis skills.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts into actionable insights.
- A talent for identifying and implementing cost-saving opportunities without compromising quality.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools (e.g., Excel, ERP systems).
- Experience working in international environments
- Familiarity with the advertising industry, including processes, creative production, and media buying.
- Proficiency in developing and managing budgets for advertising campaigns, projects, and agency operations.
- Expertise in controlling and managing operational costs, including advertising production expenses, staffing, and project-specific costs.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO:
Provide budgets and forecasts following corporate guidelines.
- Drive process improvements within all functions, challenging the organization to work towards cost optimization.
- Help optimize the functions requesting support, by providing business cases and recommendations.
- Support Global Function teams in various matters, decision forums and follow-up of savings initiatives, support supplier negotiations etc.
- Manage and oversee accounting operations/transactions, incl AR/AP, cost accounting.
- Help develop company financial policies and document them.
- Analyse financial data to identify trends and opportunities for improvements.
- Carry out quality control checks on financial reports and transactions.
- Assist with technical accounting issues.
- Daily/weekly collaboration with group business control peers with the purpose of improving processes, BI reports, and finance tools.
- Co-work with SVP EMEA & Global Controlling to get proper overview of Global spend on opex, actuals and forecasted spend.
WHO WE NEED YOU TO BE:
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- A strategic thinker with good problem-solving abilities.
- A team player with a collaborative mindset.
- More than a numbers person who’s curious and knowledgeable about the functions you support.
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- A passionate advocate of the sustainability agenda who wants to create societal shifts and drive the plant-based revolution
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. Even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, it’s already a fantastic start.
We kindly ask that you apply in English.
Apply for the position no later than December 3, 2023.