Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oat drink company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago.
In the last few years, we’ve become a popular and pioneering dairy-alternatives player in the NL market. We're continuing to establish our presence here, determined on being part of the discussion on the long-term future of the food and beverage industry. With this growth, we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oat drink flowing.
We exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like to work for Oatly, too. So, let’s get to the formal stuff.
Your mission as a HSE Specialist will be to work collaboratively with the Operational teams to deliver the Health, Safety & Environmental site plan. You need to be confident you can give competent advice and guidance to the Site Leadership Team, and employees at all levels to ensure the highest possible standards of safety and health are achieved and that both legislation and Oatly’s Health, Safety & Environmental Policies are complied with
From February 2024, we're looking for a Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Specialist. Here’s the main elements of the role...
- Ensure compliance to legal requirements in the field of HSE and create awareness
- Lead the health, safety and environmental strategies on site
- Coach co-workers on implementation of HSE policies and lead HSE training programs
- Eliminate risks on HSE by designing procedures and systems to protect employees from injuries and illness.
- Act as First Aid Coordinator
- Act as Prevention Officer and managing the Risk Inventory and Evaluation (RI&E)
- Lead root cause analysis on incidents and follow up with solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders and global colleagues on HSE plans
Who You Are
To be successful in this role you have 3 to 5 years of experience, working as a HSE specialist in a manufacturing environment (ideally food). You have a bachelor degree and you are trained in Occupational Safety and Health Administration, preferable MVK (Middelbare Veiligheidskunde).
If the below sounds like you, we'd love to see an application:
- Strong communication skills and fluent in Dutch and English
- Experience with the accredited standards (ISO 45001 & 14001)
- Understanding of current and proposed Safety Legislation and relevant standards
- Experience with RI&E management
- Experience with setting up a Health and Safety Management System and contractor safety management.
- Eye for detail – to spot potential hazards, identify safety concerns, and recognise practices that could harm the environment
- Finds joy in collaborating and coaching employees in a pragmatic manner
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us: 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), an awesome brand new office (with amazing cappoatccinos), RSUs (restricted stock units), cost free pension plan, bike plan, vitality allowance, tools to maintain mental and psychical wellbeing and many more.
[Phew! Well done if you’ve got this far. We’re glad we’ve still got your attention because we’ve got one last super important point to make.
As you can probably tell, we’re a norm-breaking company. For us, diversity and differences are an obvious asset. We know that amazing candidates can sometimes be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box, and that makes us really sad. So please trust your gut and pop in your application if it’s feeling right. Good luck!]