Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come to work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like to work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a CDL Class A Truck Driver to join our team. This role will be based out of our Ogden, UT facility and be responsible for transporting and shuttling our Finished Goods and By-products to predetermined destinations. This role will also be responsible for trailer spotting activities within the yard, and additional yard management functions and activities as necessary. This role will report to the On-Site Logistics Supervisor at the Plant and requires 3 axle tractors, 53' reefer trailer Yard Hostler experience, as well as a valid Class A CDL. This role will be focused on fast passed support of trailer drop & hook movement between 3PL’s within 1 to 16 mile radius and supporting some local UT based deliveries.
Candidate should be flexible if permanent scheduled hours/days need to be changed based on available driver/staff support.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- o Safely operate fully electric (training provided) and diesel Day Cab tractors and trailer to transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Department of Transportation. Oatly operates as an UT Intrastate Carrier.
- o Perform daily safety checks on Safety Log Report for Tractor, Trailer, and Yard conditions before operating asset and prior to shift (pre-trip and post-trip inspections)
- o Ability to track and stay
- o Yard Management: Hook, move, and drop trailers in the yard in a safe, organized and efficient manner.
- o Review counts and weight limits on manifests, BOLs, Invoices, and other pertinent documents to ensure DOT compliance and accuracy.
- o Provide visual checks and confirmations of receipts, pick up returns, transfers, logs, manifests, and other related paperwork.
- o Special projects as needed to support Oatly's production during any downtime.
Here are the things we think you need:
- o Must be 21 years or older with the ability to read, write and speak English specific to work instructions including but not limited to safety purposes.
- o Valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL). (UT license will be required before first day on duty.)
- o 5 years experience driving Class A equipment required Tractor/Trailer (Enclosed 53’ Dry/Reefer vans preferred).
- o Clear Clearing House record.
- o Clear MVR record. (3 years prior for all licensed states)
- o Able to obtain a passing DOT physical examination by a registered FMCSA physician. (Chiropractors not accepted).
- o Clear previous employment safety record.
- o High school, GED, or equivalent diploma required.
- o Be complaint and maintain DOT/FMCSA regulations.
- o Ability to work in cold and hot environments (approximately 20F-100F degrees) exposed to the outdoor elements.
- o Able to continuously hook/unhook trailers safely and manually operate trailer landing gear without accommodation.
- o Ability to repeat motions that may include use of the wrists, hands and/or fingers, back and walking throughout your assigned shift.
- o Ability to adjust to constant schedule changes and workload variances according to production output rates.
- o Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force at times and/or up-to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- o Ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to 2 hours daily, with or without any reasonable accommodation.
- o Ability to work up to 12 hours a day if scheduled shift changes.
- o Coachable and Communicative mindset: you can take feedback and adjust how you do things in the spirit of cooperation, safety, efficiency, and sustainability.
Here is another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- o You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency.
- o You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership. Oatly needs partners that can embrace that mentality and be able to exceed expectations while working independently.
- o You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results to continue building an outstanding company.
- o You have entrepreneurial spirit, in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up.
- o You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers.