NB: our career site is glitching, so apologies if you're only seeing white type on a white background once you click "APPLY HERE".
We're working on a fix. In the meantime, you'll be able to read the text if you select it.
Oatly is looking for an Art Director. You could probably use a few more details…
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Here at Oatly, it may look like we’re selling oat drink but don’t be fooled. We’re actually on a mission of societal change, empowering a plant-based revolution for the betterment of the planet. And we need your help.
Our art directors are part of the Oatly Department of Mind Control (ODMC), an idea machine embedded in Oatly that creates rule-breaking, trend-defying, laugh-inducing, behavior-changing, something else-hyphened marketing.
ODMC is a magnet for talented specialists in creative, project management, event, media, editorial, production, and PR/Comms. Our department – and pretty much our company – are built for you to do the best work of your career while working for the best client of your career. Which, since we approve our own work, is technically you.
At ODMC, people who thrive…
- are highly adaptable. You wouldn’t think the oat drink industry has a lot of twists and turns but it does, and we’re pretty good at finding them.
- love making stuff. We minimize layers so the team can spend more time doing rather than debating. And when we’re doing, we’re hands-on – just look at our head of global design who’s known to hand cut letters out of felt for a social media post.
- don’t need to wait for direction. We tend to attract self-starters, and they find lots of opportunities to start something. Some of our most impactful work wasn’t born out of a brief – it was born out of an idea.
- are cultural sponges. We’re fascinated by trends across a wide array of subjects. We love seeing what people are caring about, and trying to understand why.
- seek collaboration. The best work we do requires teamwork. You’re right, the second- and third-best work we do also requires teamwork. That’s not the point.
- have a mindset of constant improvement. Internally, we’re relentless in trying to get to the best work. Externally, we’re challenging well-entrenched behaviors. Leading a plant-based revolution is a lot of fun. But it’s not always easy.
Now on to the more interesting part: YOU
ODMC is filled with misfits – people who would not be at their personal or professional best if they were working in a stuffier, more traditional corporate environment. So it’s kind of ironic that we’re sharing a bunch of qualities that would make you a perfect fit. Alas, we think this will help.
You’d be an ideal Art Director candidate if most of the following is true:
- You’re based in Stockholm, Amsterdam, or the under-heralded Malmö, Sweden
- You have 3+ years’ experience creating advertising as an art director; perhaps this is your 2nd or 3rd job and you’re coming from an ad agency; perhaps not
- You have both the concepting ability to come up with great ideas and the craftsmanship ability to execute those ideas to perfection
- Your portfolio shows you create the kind of ideas that are self-propelling; that inspire people to talk and share, or that generates press; the kind of ideas people want to fight – or fight for
- In addition to advertising, your portfolio also shows who you are as a person – a side project, a personal passion; what’s the spice you could add to the ODMC stew?
- You mastered Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign); bonus points if you also know After Effects and/or Premiere but don’t want to brag about it yet
- You want to do good work that does good; you feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You might not live in social media but you’re very comfortable visiting
- You’re also comfortable exploring without a map; Oatly has the opportunity to be a once-in-a-generation company – much of what we do is forging our own path so having a sense of bravery and entrepreneurial spirit helps a lot
- You’re the kind of teammate that, simply put, makes others smile when they see you assigned to their project; they know you’ll communicate well, be supportive and detail-oriented, and that the project will be better because you’re part of it
- Lastly, you are the kind of person who notices how sometimes, we put in an extra, bullet point just to add copy so the page layout looks better
- This bullet point was added because the last one wasn’t long enough
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. Even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, it’s already a fantastic start.
We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested, please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there. This will ensure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone!
Apply for the position no later than six months ago because we have a lot to do. Though by June 11 end of day (6pm CET) is also acceptable.
THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With head office in Malmö and production in Sweden, Netherlands, China, Singapore and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
Sustainability, health and trust are our core values and the foundation for our existence. These principles align us, but give us enough space to adapt them to our reality. If you plan to join us, our principles will help you get the hang of our culture quicker. We bring them to life by living them every day.
Loading application form