Innovation Squad Leader
THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With head office in Malmö, innovation centers in Lund and Landskrona, production in Sweden, Netherlands, China, Singapore and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
Why join Oatly?
This is an opportunity to join the Innovation team at Oatly, working in a dynamic and collaborative environment. You will have a key role in Oatly’s journey ahead as Innovation Squad Leader. An innovation squad is a tight, cross-functional team, focusing on highly prioritized and complex food innovation projects. The aim of the squads is to develop and launch new winning products with speed to market. The innovation squads are consumer/customer centric, meaning that all relevant consumer, market and business insights are vital in the development and implementation of winning products. You will lead innovation squads in close collaboration with our different markets across the world, and ensure, nurture and enjoy dynamic and successful teamwork, to help us in our mission to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources.
To succeed in this role, we believe you are a great people leader with a strong drive, curiosity, sharp intellect, business understanding and a collaborative approach. All combined with an open mind, a big heart, and of course a passion for food and sustainability.
Here’s what you would do,
- Lead the squad in its pursuit to deliver on the scope, goals and timelines
- Lead the squads with an agile – and necessarily structured – approach and an entrepreneurial mindset, supporting and encouraging the squad members to do the best job of their lives
- Lead the squad in gathering and translating relevant consumer, business, innovation and technology insights into winning concepts
- Create and nurture the psychological safety in the squad to empower creativity and enable collective intelligence to overcome challenges and find innovative solutions
- Travel to different markets, sites, and collaboration partners
Are you the oatsome person we are looking for?
To thrive and be happy in this role, we believe that you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master of Science university degree
- At least eight years' experience of food innovation for the consumer market, including leading new product development projects from start to retail launch
- At least eight years' experience of project management
- Great communication skills
- Solid experience of gathering and understanding consumer and market insight
- Proven great people leadership in cross-functional innovation projects
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
In our minds, you are passionate about improving the health of humans and our planet. Your leadership spirit and skills will be essential for success, since the innovation squads work on highly challenging and complex projects. We set out to change the world, so our ambitions are high in everything we do. You will guide, support, and encourage the team to achieve magic and wonders never seen before. Therefore, we look for a leader who combines an innovative, entrepreneurial and brave mindset with a trust building, people-centric and collaborative approach.
Finally, we believe you share our values and want to carry out our mission, to make the world a little better.
We would prefer that you can be placed in Malmö, but due to the international scope of the job we are open for your geographical placement, if you are close to our Oatly offices in Malmö, Berlin or Amsterdam.
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. Even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. This is an ongoing process, please send your application as soon as possible, and no later than April 4th.
We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested, please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there. This will ensure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.
- Berlin, Amsterdam, Malmö HQ
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Sustainability, health and trust are our core values and the foundation for our existence. These principles align us, but give us enough space to adapt them to our reality. If you plan to join us, our principles will help you get the hang of our culture quicker. We bring them to life by living them every day.
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With head office in Malmö and production in Sweden, Netherlands and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
Innovation Squad Leader
Loading application form
Already working at Oatly ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.