THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With head office in Malmö and production in Sweden, Netherlands, China, Singapore and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
WHY WORK WITH OATLY?
Our growth is fast - and accelerating, as more and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. If you’re thinking you want to be part of making sure Oatly can actively make the world a better place, we offer you a great opportunity to drive societal change.
We are looking for a Creative Director to join Oatly’s Global Social Team, reporting into Oatly’s Head of Global Editorial and Social content.
ABOUT OATLY SOCIAL:
Oatly’s Global Social team is a quickly growing unit within Oatly —based out of Malmö, Sweden — overseeing the ongoing management of Oatly’s social platforms across all markets. The team is responsible for ensuring that Oatly’s unconventional style and creative approach translates across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, and whatever other new channels brands are looking to shamelessly exploit.
The team works hand-in-hand with various departments within the organization, including local markets, Oatly’s in-house creative team, and Oatly’s global media, communications and editorial departments.
As a Creative Director for Social at Oatly, you will be part of a global network committed to pushing the sustainability agenda, facilitating societal shifts and empowering the plant-based revolution in line with our values and mission.
You will be responsible for leading the conception and production of all creative work developed for Oatly’s social channels, working with a team of talented creatives, producers, project managers, social strategists, and paid media experts.
The role will be based in our Amsterdam office.
THINGS YOU WILL BE FOCUSING ON:
- Lead ideation of social-specific concepts across varying formats—copy, stills, animation and video—that both feel distinctly different from any brand’s content and builds on Oatly’s irreverent style
- Act as a creative authority throughout the production of creative concepts, providing feedback and direction throughout each stage
- Collaborate with all departments that play a role in the development and promotion of Oatly’s social content: Project managers, design studio, in-house and external production companies, global media
- Act as one of Oatly’s in-house social experts, understanding social platform best practices, is up to date on the latest content trends, and has the appetite and ability to push against the platform norms and conventions
- Lead cross-departmental concepting sessions
- Organize concepting sessions with the broader creative team to both find social opportunities within above-the-line campaigns and develop net new concepts for social
WHO YOU ARE / PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
You are joining us to make a difference and you are passionate about driving change and mobilize the plant-based revolution.
- 7+ years experience in the worlds of advertising, video production, design or branded content, with a focus on social media
- Experience producing creative work across a range of formats that span video, audio and experiential
- Ability to think conceptually AND execute on ideas
- Ability to work with global teams across North America, EMEA and APAC
- Possesses a desire to create work that aggressively breaks from traditional social media norms, especially when coming from a brand
- Managerial experience a plus
YOU'LL DO WELL IN THIS ROLE IF:
- You’re motivated by the creative process and find fulfilment in the act of making creative work
- You have a deep knowledge of social — maybe a borderline obsession — but you have a lot of critiques when it comes to how brand look and sound on each platform
- You possess an innate curiosity that leads you to ask the big, scary questions and take it upon yourself to find the answers
- You demonstrate the necessary leadership skills — practicing empathy and effective communication — to successfully mentor and collaborate with other team members
- You’re committed to the ongoing mission of making Oatly a more inclusive and equitable workplace
Finally, we count on that you share our values and have a great interest to carry out our mission in order to make the world a little bit better.
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. Even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, it’s already a fantastic start.
We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested, please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there. This will ensure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone!
Apply for the position no later than February 3, 2023.