Why YOU might like to join the oat cult*
Guess what! Our sales department is growing. As more and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet, Oatly is driving this change in the food industry, but that doesn't mean our sustainability ambitions are only related to oats.
Every single department inside Oatly has a role to play in making their area more sustainable. We believe that all our people are contributing to this quest. So if you’re getting a tingly feeling reading this, and think your coaching leadership can help Oatly make the world a more sustainable place, you should definitely keep reading.
Buckle up, potential future Field Sales Manager - here’s what you’re in for:
- As an oat nerd and sustainability enthusiast, you will be responsible for building the new field sales force for Oatly Netherlands and leading the development and strategy for the field
- As someone who cares for the planet, you will you’re your own sales budget, but your focus will be on being a leader of the team
- As a dedicated professional, with an interest in sustainability, you will coach a team of 2 field sales colleagues with huge growth potential to be more colleagues
But, you know. These are just the things we can think of right now! This might be the job today, but tomorrow brings more change, so being light on your feet and willing to embrace the unknown is a verrrrrry big help.
Does this sound like you?
Here’s the kind of experience, qualities and approach that we’re looking for at Oatly,
- Get in the game - Thinking about the big picture, rather than the job description bullet points, and prioritizing doing things for real rather than creating a perfect plan that never sees the light of day (even if it is a very pretty plan). You are an honest and positive person with high personal ownership who dares to offer yourself. You may have worked as a team leader, project manager or some similar role for at least five years, where you have had a coaching leadership responsibility.
- Listen for clues - Enjoying listening to others’ viewpoints and contemplating, “does this have a seed of greatness?” Or maybe something less grand, but you get the picture. Trying to understand your colleagues! As a person, we believe that you are the leader - who is both goal-oriented, enthusiastic and committed, and who easily gets others on board and motivates them to perform at their best!
- Be fearless - A willingness to think “what would we do, if only we weren’t somehow afraid?”. Take the good stuff from that idea and try and make it happen. Bold, but not reckless! We want to find a brave person who dares to coach, dares to make mistakes and also dares to ask for help. For this role, it is important to have sales experience, but more important is that you dare to make tough decisions and be the leader that the job requires, even in challenging situations!
In addition to speaking fluent Dutch, we would like you to be fluent in English. Bonus points if you have experience being a leader in the food industry!
We welcome oat nerds / people from all backgrounds that think sustainability, health and transparency are mega important. So send in that CV, cross your fingers and whisper a little prayer to the powers that be. It will be fun, or at least a good time. Promise!
As you can probably tell, we’re a norm-breaking company. For us, diversity and differences are an obvious assets. We know that amazing candidates can sometimes be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box, and that makes us really sad. So please trust your gut and pop in your application if it’s feeling right. Good luck!
Please apply no later than 2023/01/31
* whether or not we are a cult is debatable, but if we are, it’s the nice squishy kind. Do not be afraid, humans.
We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested, please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there. This will ensure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone!
The Oatly Way
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With head office in Malmö and production in Sweden, Netherlands, China, Singapore and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.