Why work with Oatly?
Our growth is fast - and accelerating, as more and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. If you’re thinking you want to be part of making sure Oatly can actively make the world a better place, we offer you a great opportunity to drive societal change.
We are now looking for a Public Affairs Specialist to our Public Affairs & Sustainable Eating Department- how exciting!
Here’s what you would do:
As a Public Affairs Specialist at Oatly, you will be part of a global network committed to pushing the sustainability agenda, facilitating societal shifts and empowering the plant-based revolution in line with our values and mission.
Based on scientific facts, aware of how critical it is to promote plant-based production and consumption to tackle climate change and public health challenges you engage in policy dialogues and inform relevant political processes and legislation. You are key in a team challenging outdated rules ad regulatory barriers to a shift towards plant-centric sustainable food systems. In your role you pro-actively assess and mitigate political business risks. You work closely with our plant-based alliances, associations and partners advocating for the plant-based shift.
The role will be placed in our Malmö and/or Lund offices in Sweden, or possibly in any of our relevant EMEA markets, such as UK, the Netherlands or Germany. It is also possible to work remote (with regular presence in Malmö). Frequent travelling to Brussels.
More in detail, you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide insights and analysis on political and regulatory developments relevant for our business
- Involve and align with key internal stakeholders on executing our advocacy strategy; prepare internal briefings and policy updates
- Support and collaborate with PA colleagues across our markets and relevant functions on Public Affairs matters
- Support advocacy work, primarily at EU level, and prepare Oatly position statements and key messages
- Manage and coordinate relationships and engagement with key policy stakeholders, trade associations, alliances, coalitions and partners. This includes preparing, participating and representing Oatly in meetings and events
- Contribute to and participate in advocacy campaigns and external positioning with government bodies and policy stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an active and relevant network
This role is a temporary position from November 2022 to November 2023 but as we plan to keep growing, chances are pretty good that we can offer a permanent position.
Does this sound like you?
First of all, you are joining us to make a difference and you are passionate about driving change and mobilize the plant-based revolution. Secondly, you have strong knowledge in EU decision making processes, and preferably you are familiar with policies and regulations related to the food sector. Thirdly, your knowledge, competence and personality make you a master advocate and a star in building and maintaining relationships and networks. Fourthly, you have a strategic mindset, brilliant communication skills and an eye for detail. You know how important words are and love digging into reading and analyzing policy papers. You know your stuff.
Your professional requirements:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree within relevant area
- Qualifications in one or more of the following fields would be advantageous: Public Affairs, Regulatory affairs, Food industry/sector, Nutrition, Sustainability
- At least 5 years of relevant experience within a policy or public affairs role, working in e.g., government, public sector and/or private sector, NGO, media…
- Knowledge of political decision making processes, in particular EU decision making processes
- Experience from the food industry and/or knowledge of the food sector is a strong asset
- Brilliant skills in English, written and oral
Finally, we count on that you share our values and have a great interest to carry out our mission in order to make the world a little bit better.
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. Even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, let’s do this together! It will be fun!
We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested, please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there. This will ensure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone!
Apply for the position no later than 2022-10-03.
The Oatly Way
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With head office in Malmö and production in Sweden, Netherlands, China, Singapore and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.