Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oat drink company. And we’re looking for somebody to join our Out of Home team.
We play across five product categories with distribution across all the major grocers, independent retail, speciality coffee, QSR and casual dining groups and the full spectrum of foodservice. 2021 has seen the brand deliver >£100 million in retail value sales, growing +30% YoY.
Oatly is challenging, disrupting, and making a positive impact on the UK plant-based landscape… however, we have world class ambitions, and we’re only just getting started! That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an Out of Home (OOH) Commercial Manager, who will take responsibility for Oatly’s UK retail trade. We need somebody who will drive distribution, build sales, and create noise through activating the brand to a world class standard across the channels of independent retail, symbols and Cash & Carry.
This role will be responsible for ensuring Oatly is firmly established everywhere across OOH retail channels. Here’s what you’d be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Create noise and activate the brand to a world class standard across high impact and influential independent retailers UK-wide.
- Secure national distribution with symbols groups, leveraging trade marketing resource to activate accounts to a world-class standard.
- Plan, negotiate, and execute exceptional joint business plans with the UK’s biggest Cash & Carry wholesale routes to market that help deliver against the company’s targets, goals, and objectives sustainably.
- Seek out white space opportunities with existing and new business accounts.
- Provide regular accurate commercial and volume forecasts to the business.
- Become an expert on the category and shopper, levering consumer and market insights to build external and internal capability.
- Deliver stellar results on, or over budget, track performance and be a fantastic steward of company resources.
- Collaborate, motivate, and learn from the wider Oatly team in the UK and globally.
Who You Are
If the below sounds like you, you could be the ideal person for this job:
- Minimum 2-3 years commercial experience within FMCG, SME or F&B.
- Strong commercial and financial ability with demonstrable experience in building new business, customer JBPs and P&Ls.
- Strategic mindset with the experience of having planned, developed, and executed national distribution and sales strategies.
- A talented negotiator with proven success behind NPD, CPIs and/or JBPs.
- Commercially creative and inquisitive mindset with the experience of having planned and executed solutions to problem solve and overcome barriers.
- Exceptional communicator and relationship builder.
- Tenacious and resourceful with high resilience.
- You thrive on working as part of a team. You fly solo just fine, but you know you’re a part of something bigger.
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us: 25 days of holiday (+bank holidays and the opportunity to buy or sell days), comprehensive health insurance, free therapy so you can be kind to your mind, an epic office space in Farringdon which comes with loads of snacks and breakfast (+ amazing cappoatccinos), genuinely great co-workers who want to see the company and each other succeed, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.