Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oat drink company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago.
In the last few years, we’ve become a popular and pioneering dairy-alt player in the UK market. We're continuing to establish our presence here, determined on being part of the discussion on the long-term future of the food and beverage industry. With this growth, we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oat drink flowing.
We exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. So, let’s get to the formal stuff.
We're looking for somebody to own our relationships with baristas in the South West of England (which we call a Barista Market Developer). This role is based in Bristol, with your team working remotely around the UK.
If you’re looking to step out from behind the bar, get to travel for work, and run some sick events for an awesome coffee community, then you’re in the right place.
Here’s the main elements of the role...
- By travelling throughout the UK’s South West, you’ll create and maintain meaningful relationships with a range of coffee partners within coffee scene, and the Oatly Barista team.
- Your outstanding knowledge and credibility will allow you to build rapport with coffee partners, from the baristas to the owner.
- Establish an Oatly network through visiting coffee houses and roasters, and creating partnerships with key influential accounts.
- Encourage and further the understanding of how sustainability impacts the coffee industry.
- You'll run amazing coffee events promoting community and sustainability. You’ll host these in the UK’s South West and in South Wales.
- In the rest of UK, you’ll travel to events with the rest of the Oatly Barista team and be flawless in representing the brand (by being yourself!).
Who You Are
If the below sounds like you, we'd love to see an application:
- You have the personality to succeed in this role – collaborative, energetic, flexible, humble, dedicated, supportive, reliable, positive and trustworthy.
- You have good experience within the specialty coffee industry, specifically the Bristol scene.
- You’re never far from the coffee bar, understand what’s trending, and can help shape Oatly into that through hosting events, and other activations.
- You're already engaged with our brand, love our products, and feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency.
- You’re a self-starter, with a "get it done" mindset! You're excited to make your mark in a growing brand, you’re comfortable with ambiguity, and you're energised by the process of building something lasting from the ground up.
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us: 25 days of holiday (+bank holidays and the opportunity to buy or sell days), comprehensive health insurance, free therapy so you can be kind to your mind, an epic office space in Farringdon which comes with loads of snacks and breakfast (+ amazing cappoatccinos), genuinely great co-workers who want to see the company and each other succeed, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
Phew! Well done if you’ve got this far. We’re glad we’ve still got your attention because we’ve got one last super important point to make.
As you can probably tell, we’re a norm-breaking company. For us, diversity and differences are an obvious asset. We know that amazing candidates can sometimes be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box, and that makes us really sad. So please trust your gut and pop in your application if it’s feeling right. Good luck!