Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oat drink company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago.
In the last few years, we’ve become a popular and pioneering dairy-alt player in the UK market. We play across 5 retail categories, with distribution across all the major grocers. 2021 saw the brand deliver >£100 million in retail value sales, growing +30% YoY.
We’ve consistently demonstrated the strength of our brand & products by disproportionately adding category value & winning market share. Oatly is challenging, disrupting, and making a positive impact on the plant-based landscape, and we’re on a mission to put our products everywhere – and become a natural part of people’s lives!
We exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. So, let’s get to the formal stuff.
We need to add a National Account Manager (NAM) to our growing Grocery team, who will take responsibility for 15-20% of the Oatly UK Grocery business, including managing 2 major UK retailers.
This person will also be tasked with leading some internal projects & continuing to build strong, trusting multifunctional relationships across all your accounts. Here's what you'd be doing day-to-day:
- Develop & execute exceptional customer joint business plans that help deliver against the company’s targets, goals, and objectives.
- Plan, negotiate & execute game changing NPD launches with sustainable long-term commercial agreements in place.
- Drive trial & awareness of the Oatly portfolio by securing increased nationwide distribution & leveraging trade marketing resource.
- Seek out white space opportunities in your accounts.
- Provide regular accurate commercial & volume forecasts to the business.
- Become an expert on the category + shopper, levering consumer & market insights to build both external & internal capability.
- Deliver stellar results on, or over budget, track performance and be a fantastic steward of company resources.
- Collaborate, motivate & learn from the wider Oatly team in the UK & Globally.
Who You Are
If the below sounds like you, we'd love to see an application:
- Minimum 3yrs commercial experience within either FMCG/Retail/SME/F&B
- Strong commercial & financial acumen with demonstrable experience in retailer JBPs & P&Ls
- Talented negotiator with proven success behind NPD, CPIs and/or JBPs
- Exceptional communicator & relationship builder.
- You like to get in the game and welcome failure in order to improve.
- Tenacious and resourceful with high resilience.
- You feel at home working as part of a team, but equally, you’re able to use your judgement flying solo.
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us: 25 days of holiday (+bank holidays and the opportunity to buy or sell days), comprehensive health insurance, free therapy so you can be kind to your mind, an epic office space in Farringdon which comes with loads of snacks and breakfast (+ amazing cappoatccinos), genuinely great co-workers who want to see the company and each other succeed, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.