The Oatly Way
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. We exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. This is why we come to work every day. Headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, the Oatly brand is available in more than 20 countries globally
Why work with Oatly?
Guess what! Our Sustainability department is growing. As more and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet, Oatly is driving this change in the food industry. So, if you’re getting a tingly feeling reading this, and think you can help Oatly make the world a more sustainable place, you should definitely keep reading.
That’s where you come in
We are looking for a Senior Sustainability ESG Data Specialist to join our Sustainability team in EMEA. This role will be responsible for the collection, synthesis and analysis of sustainability data for Oatly EMEA, building sustainability case studies, guiding decisions, as well as executing on a regional level sustainability & ESG reporting for our business.
You will work closely with both the global sustainability reporting team and the EMEA sustainability team, reporting to the Sustainability Director EMEA.
Here’s the kind of thing you’d do,
As a Sustainability Data Specialist, you’ll mostly be focusing on…
- Lead the collection of sustainability data for EMEA to inform and analyse essential company processes, including annual sustainability reporting, ESG reporting, business review and business decisions
- Develop regionally specific measurements to follow up and steer the business towards our sustainability ambitions
- Take the lead in presenting business cases and results to guide EMEA
- Work closely with the Global LCA Specialist in collecting the necessary data for conducting Product Carbon Footprint Calculations and other LCA projects
- Analyse LCA results to support business decisions
- Be the main point of contact for our product Carbon footprint labelling numbers for EMEA stakeholders
- Be EMEA’s main point of contact with the central sustainability reporting team
That’s the job on paper, laid out in black and white, neat and
tidy, you get the picture. But the one thing we can guarantee is that change is inevitable at Oatly - so a willingness to roll your sleeves up and try out new things is going to be a big help!
Are you the person we are looking for?
Here’s the kind of experience, qualities and approach that we’re looking for:
We think that you have a university degree in finance, or engineering, combined with sustainability studies and/or experience and at least 5 years’ experience with sustainability & ESG reporting, ideally from a similar position in an international company, or consultancy business.
To succeed in the role you need to have:
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of reporting systems, best practices, and frameworks such the GHG Protocol, GRI and similar systems
- Experience with LCA data as well as data analysis and interpretation using tools such as Excel and PowerBI
- You need to be fluent in English, oral and written. Another European language is a plus but not a must
You are a great communicator, translating complex issues into easily understandable information as well as putting detailed analysis results in a broader sustainability context. You are improvement driven and able to self-direct your work with sustainability in mind always. You are flexible and curious to be able to thrive in a growing and changing organization.
Thinking about the big picture, rather than the job description bullet points, and prioritizing doing things for real rather than creating a perfect plan that never sees the light of day (even it is a very pretty plan).
We welcome people from all backgrounds that think sustainability, health and trust are important. So, send in that CV, cross your fingers and whisper a little prayer to the powers that be. It will be fun, or at least a good time. Promise!
Please apply no later than 22nd of May.