Oatly was founded back in the 1990s and is based on Swedish research from Lund University. The company’s patented enzyme technology copies nature’s own process and turns fiber-rich oats into nutritional liquid food that is perfectly designed for humans. Today, Oatly is a global company dedicated to upgrading the lives of individuals and the wellbeing of the planet through a lineup of original oat products.
THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making sustainable, great-tasting, oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. And because health and sustainability are so close to our heart, we are more than just another food company – we are a lifestyle company. Our growth is fast - and accelerating. More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. With headquarters in Malmö and production in Sweden, the Netherlands, Singapore and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
Oatly’s success is based on strong science knowledge. To continue in this tradition, we have established a research organization dedicated to Food Science. We are based in the Science Park in Lund but work in closely with the best scientists in the world.
Grab the opportunity to join Oatly as Bioinformatician in oat breeding.
You will be part of the Breeding and Genomics team and you will use computational approaches to develop knowledge related to the sustainability and nutritional value of oats. You will investigate for example data from oat diversity panels and develop bioinformatic workflows to identify markers for specific traits and perform single-gene-mapping using a wide range of OMICS resources. You will work within a multidisciplinary group to achieve your specific goals.
WHO YOU ARE
You are passionate about improving the health of humans and planet and the role that a balanced diet has to play. You have a computational background but are interested in how science can be applied in our world.
You have a demonstrated track record of working in a research environment within an academic or corporate research institution. You have a sharp and creative mind, with an analytical mindset to understand complex situations. You are organized and have attention to detail. You are good at adapting to new situations and make the most of opportunities. You are a good communicator, able to explain complex science concepts to a range of audiences in both spoken and written forms. You are a supportive and inclusive team member.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To thrive and be happy in this role, we believe that you have the following qualifications and experience:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or life science related field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in a research environment (this can include your PhD training period)
- Expertise in one or more programing/scripting languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, MATLAB) and statistical analysis (e.g. R, Bioconductor)
- Big data management
- Bioinformatics analysis and integration of OMICS datasets e.g. transcriptome and proteome
- Working knowledge of systematic searching for scientific literature in a range of databases and critical evaluation of scientific results
- Experience in reproducible workflow management
- Interdisciplinary mindset, strong collaborative skills, and curious research attitude
- Proven record of scientific report writing, including scientific publications.
- Evidence of working independently and in a team.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Demonstrated experience in trait mapping and marker development
- Previous experience in working with complex plant genomes, polyploids and pangenomics is a plus
- Experience in machine learning technologies, such as neural networks, for computational integration, mining, and interpretation of biological datasets
COME JOIN US
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. The position is based in Lund, Sweden.
If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together! It will be fun! Please apply at latest on 30th of May with your CV and a cover letter.