Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oat drink company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago.
In the last few years, we’ve become a popular and pioneering dairy-alt player in the UK market. We're continuing to establish our presence here, determined on being part of the discussion on the long-term future of the food and beverage industry. With this growth, we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oat drink flowing.
We exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. So, let’s get to the formal stuff.
We're looking for a Barista Market Developer. This role is predominantly based in the coffee scene's main hub of the South West of England, being Bristol and Bath in-particular.
Generally, we'd expect that a minimum of 3 days a week would be spent there. This is a customer facing role all about relationship management – so residing locally and an understanding of the Bristol/Bath coffee scene is a huge advantage.
Here’s the main elements of the role...
- To create, lead and execute the conversion strategy for Oatly Barista Edition within South West coffee scene.
- To create and maintain genuine strong relationships which lead to mutually beneficially outcomes for Oatly and the top tier independent coffee shops.
- Instantly win over all levels from baristas to owners to investors through your unique personality, outstanding knowledge and strong credibility.
- Build long lasting, meaningful relationships with customers, partners and the Oatly crew.
- Create an Oatly network through building relationships, visiting coffee houses and roasters, and creating partnerships with key influential accounts.
- Encourage and further the understanding of how sustainability impacts the coffee industry.
- Assist with the execution of larger activations across the SW and rest of UK and be flawless in representing the brand (by being yourself).
Who You Are
If the below sounds like you, we'd love to see an application:
- You have the personality to succeed in this role – collaborative, energetic, flexible, humble, dedicated, supportive, reliable, positive and trustworthy.
- You have solid experience within the specialty coffee industry with demonstrable commercial experience.
- Have a deep understanding of how the coffee industry works in the UK and within the localised South West coffee scene.
- You're connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency, and love our products and brand too.
- You consider yourself a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success.
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us: 25 days of holiday (+bank holidays and the opportunity to buy or sell days), comprehensive health insurance, free therapy so you can be kind to your mind, an epic office space in Farringdon which comes with loads of snacks and breakfast (+ amazing cappoatccinos), genuinely great co-workers who want to see the company and each other succeed, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.