Hello potential future Oatly employee, we are looking for a Process Engineer to join our team.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Manage the development, renovation and introduction of new products, processes and/or packaging in factory, based on R&D owned technologies or in close collaboration with R&D, whilst ensuring compliance with both Oatly requirements and local regulatory framework.
- Manage projects/initiatives related to products, processes, suppliers, e.g. costs reductions, optimization of manufacturing parameters like yield/efficiency improvements, utilities usage reductions, supplier development, specification optimization, co-manufacturers's management.
- Assist factory and provide them with services necessary to ensure product & process optimization while striving for zero defects in manufacturing.
- Provide comprehensive technical support for basic technical assistance requests from the factory.
- Ensure knowledge transfer to the factory related to product and process optimization to eliminate root cause of assistance requests, i.e., act as local training resource for product and process optimization.
- Lead or support capital investment projects involving changes to the process optimization, safety instrumented or other automation systems
Here are the things we think you need:
- Degree in food technology/Processing or Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of relevant experience in food/ nutrition manufacturing environment.
- Experience in R&D with Food science background is preferred
- Open minded and thrive in a highly dynamic and complex matrix organization
- Project Management experience involving a range of projects
- Cross-function work experience preferred
- Excellent team player & strong interpersonal skill
And here is another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality.
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up