The Oalty Way
We are the world’s original and largest oat drink company. For over 25 years, we have exclusively focused on developing expertise around oats: a global power crop with inherent properties suited for sustainability and human health. Our commitment to oats has resulted in core technical advancements that enabled us to unlock the breadth of the dairy portfolio, including alternatives to milks, ice cream, yogurt, cooking creams, and spreads. Headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, the Oatly brand is available in more than 20 countries globally.
Our growth has been fast and is accelerating. More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. We offer you a great opportunity to take an active part in the expansion of a great company with great products.
Oatly has the culture of a start-up where accelerated international growth requires fast decisions and flexible mind-sets. Decisions are made close to the functions and with the involvement of responsible parties rather than in large management team meetings. The base in science, strong focus on health and sustainability reflects priorities and culture. Creativity and making “the impossible” possible is a key priority for the company and for the people in the team.
If you’re getting a tingly feeling reading this, thinking you want to be part of making sure Oatly can actively making the world a better place, we are happy to tell you that we are looking for a Process Design Engineer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our Process Design Engineer will be part of the delivery of a supply network capable of consistently producing safe, efficient and sustainable finished products with operations in al three regions (EMEA, APAC, AMER) and at budget! You will work with project management in large capex and innovation projects; for example by driving feasibility studies and pre-studies until basic design as well as handover projects to execution phase, reviewing and sign-off of design documents.
In your role you will:
- Engineering of global conceptual-, basic- and for new processes also detailed design within areas such as Oatbase process, Mixing, Heat treatment, CIP, Fermentation and By-product development
- Provide our capex and innovation projects with necessary documentation, such as flow sheet diagrams, functional descriptions, technical specifications, and 2D layouts
- Determine utility requirements for best efficiency and sustainability
- Work in close collaboration with innovation teams to develop our new process technologies
- Perform design work together with other functions, such as Automation, IT, Building, Sustainability and Packaging in order to build full functionality systems
- Build relations with regional and site engineering and maintenance organizations, in order to create a learning platform for technical development - a community in which we capture and share best practice and improve our operations
In this role you will be reporting to the Global Technical Design Manager. The position is based in Landskrona and travelling to different manufacturing sites on a global basis maybe required.
WHO YOU ARE
You have an advanced degree in either chemical engineering, process design principles, project management or similar fields that we deem relevant for the position. We also believe that you have at least 3-10 years of process development within Food, Pharma, FMCG or Chemical process industry, as well as knowledge in liquid processes.
To be successful in this role it would be great if you have:
- Industrialization experience (new lines as well as modifications to existing)
- Experience from large capex projects and/or research development engineering work
- Working with external authorities, partners and service providers
- Experience of continuous improvement work (for example Lean or 6s) and commissioning of production processes.
To be the perfect fit for Oatly, we believe that you are passionate about safety, quality and sustainability! You are an improvement driven person with an analytic, holistic and structured approach. You have social competence and enjoy working independently as well as together with others. You are of course excellent at communicating, both verbally and written, in English and perhaps in Swedish.
Finally, we hope that you share our values and have a great interest to carry out our mission in order to make the world a little bit better.
Closing date for applications is 25 November 2021