Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oat drink company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago.
In the last few years, we’ve become a popular and pioneering dairy-alt player in the UK market. We're continuing to establish our presence here, determined on being part of the discussion on the long-term future of the food and beverage industry. With this growth, we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oat drink flowing.
We exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. So, let’s get to the formal stuff.
We're looking for a PR & Communications Manager. This is a new role, that will have a wide scope working with a cross section of UK and EMEA oat punks.
You'll be the UK expert on PR and Communication, establishing this function in our market, in line with wider EMEA strategy. No two days will be the same and you’ll be working on lots of projects with lots of people.
However, the key elements day to day will be:
Line managing our team of 5 Community Managers, who work across our social media channels
- Lead, coach, support, direct and develop this superstar team
- Provide direction with your specialist knowledge around communications, PR and crisis communications
- Set the direction and implement best in class PR work in the UK, both proactive and reactive. That includes managing the relationship with our external PR agency and work closely together with the communications, PR and creative team for EMEA.
- Develop positive relationships with journalists and media outlets to secure Oatly’s place as a thought leader in the UK
- Integrating with UK Marketing to ensure the synergy between PR and marketing campaigns
- Design and execute communications projects. Notably, you’ll co-create and manage the communications program around our Peterborough factory so that Oatly is able to capitalise on the many opportunities this presents.
- Working with our Barista Market Developer team, ensuring communications opportunities are spotted and acted upon in the coffee speciality sphere
- Pushing for Oatly to have a say in relevant plant-based food policy debates, through close work with our public affairs and nutrition specialists.
- Work with the UK leadership team and other functions across Oatly on any crisis situations that may arise
- Work with our outstanding sustainability teams to ensure we are communicating key initiatives in the right way
- Manage our relationships with organisations with whom we collaborate on particular campaigns or initiatives that have a strong communications element
Who You Are
If the below sounds like you, you might be an ideal fit for this job:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, PR and public affairs, including at a senior level.
- You have at least 2 years’ experience of managing a team
- Strong understanding of the UK’s media and political landscape
- Ideally you have some experience of working in food and drink/FMCG, as well as on sustainability topics
- You have experience with crisis communications, thinking pragmatically and calmly
- Not a must, but great if you have agency experience
- You have excellent written English and are an exceptionally articulate person
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing 25 days of holiday (+bank holidays and the opportunity to buy or sell days), comprehensive health insurance, access to variety of mental health support through Self Space, an epic office space in Farringdon which comes with loads of snacks and breakfast, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.