The Oatly way
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. And because health and sustainability are so close to our heart, we are more than just another food company – we are a lifestyle company.
Our growth is fast - and accelerating. More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. That’s why we are looking for a Business Controller with the goal to control and report on Oatly’s financial performance for the Vlissingen factory and external production (contract manufacturing).
What will you do?
As our new Business Controller, you report on budget, forecasts and long-term plans, as well as providing the monthly reporting. Furthermore, you support the site management team with their contract manufacturing, doing analyses, follow up and deviation reporting.
In this role you will also be responsible for setting KPI’s and targets and supporting with business cases for CAPEX. Also, you provide product costing calculations once per year.
What’s more, you:
- Lead all accounting and reporting activities for Oatly Vlissingen.
- Are the link between the Oatly Finance practices and the factory.
- Understand the budget in detail and report on this to the Oatly senior management team on a regular basis.
- Support the setup of business systems (D365) and are involved in improvement activities as member of the Focus Improvement Pillar and Cost Pillar.
- Develop, implement and maintain OPEX financial controls that are compliant with Dutch legislation and Oatly’s corporate policies and procedures.
- Attend the Oatly Senior Finance meetings and contribute to the wider Oatly picture.
- To lead and perform timely and accurate completion of monthly closing activities and preparation of reports based on the published schedule.
- To monitor the flow of cash and other resources.
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you have 5 to 10 years of experience, working as a Business Controller within a manufacturing environment. You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Finance and or Accounting and you have strong communication skills.
Furthermore, we hope to see that you check the following boxes:
- In-depth experience and knowledge of accounting and operations finance activities.
- Strong working knowledge of Dynamics 365 or a similar ERP system.
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude; ability to interface and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation, organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and multitask coupled with an attention to detail.
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
- Significant exposure of working within a company having a continuous improvement-based culture.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and is energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us and let’s do this together! It will be fun!