The Oatly Way
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day.
Our growth is fast - and accelerating. More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. That’s why we are looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager with the goal to lead the continuous improvement/Oatly Class journey for our Vlissingen site, in order to contribute to the overall growth of the site.
As our new Continuous Improvement Manager you will coach and mentor the Continuous Improvement team to ensure that Oatly Class activities related to teams, pillars and the governance structure are in place. You are a member of the local Site Management Team but also work close together with - and according to - the global OPEX Team's Oatly Class standards. Members of this team will also provide you with the necessary support and strategies within your area of responsibility.
In this role you will have three direct reports, including the Oatly Class Coordinator and two Process Performance Engineer. You report directly to the Factory Director. The position is based in Vlissingen.
What will you do?
In your daily job, you will assess the progress and evolution of Oatly Class methodology in our organization, process, pillars and teams. You follow up on Oatly Class related performance, supporting the identification of main issues and drive the strategy development at site level.
What's more, you:
- Cascade Oatly's strategy within the pillars and ensure alignment.
- Supporting the execution of the Oatly Class (TPM) plan, defining actions and driving results.
- Coach, mentor and audit the different pillars and teams.
- Map and identify improvement areas, mainly within operations, but also within adjacent areas in the site.
- Budget and performance responsibility over OPEX related activities and participate in overall business developments.
- Prepare and facilitate training/workshops.
- Provide methodological support to the Oatly Class Coordinator and managers.
- Setup infrastructure to support improvement activities.
Who are you?
We are looking for a driven person who enjoys a high pace with a lot of responsibility and variated duties. To be able to work together with all levels within the site, and according to Oatly's guiding principles, we'll value your humble, supporting, and coaching personality as extremely important.
To be successful in this role you have:
- A bachelor or master degree in Engineering, like Industrial Engineering or Process Engineering.
- Proven track record of at least 3 years of experience with TPM methodology and experience as process engineer in guiding teams to continuous improvement.
- Proven leadership experience and skills, leading teams achieving tangible results.
- A structured and systematic approach, leading problem solving activities.
- Focused on delivering results together, exchanging information and supporting colleagues to achieve personal and team goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and solutions are not clear-cut.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience from FMCG is a plus.
Come join us
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together! It will be fun!