THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With our head office in Malmö and production in Sweden, Netherlands and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia. www.oatly.com
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
More and more people choose to switch to a plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the planet. We offer you a great opportunity to take an active part in the expansion of a great company with great products. If you’re getting a tingly feeling reading this, thinking you want to be part of making sure Oatly can actively keep making the world a better place, we are happy to tell you that we are looking for a Senior Counsel - Corporate!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your mission as Senior Counsel - Corporate will be to provide practical, timely, and high-quality legal advice to the Group corporate functions and management. Your responsibilities will include a broad range of corporate legal matters with an emphasis on US and Swedish corporate and securities compliance matters, including: Financial reporting, Board and corporate governance, equity incentive plan management, corporate secretarial, corporate finance as well as transactional activities.
More fun things you will do:
- Provide direct support to the Group corporate functions, including Finance (Corporate Control/Accounting, Treasury, Tax), Investor Relations, People & Culture, and Communications
- Support the Finance and Legal functions with public company reporting requirements
- Assist the General Counsel with corporate governance matters, including Board and Committee support, record keeping and minutes, policies, and charters, and ESG oversight
- Support the People & Culture function in administering the company’s equity incentive program
- Help to manage Group subsidiary secretarial matters
- Develop processes and procedures to improve legal support for the business units, including trainings and the development of templates or processes to improve efficiency
In this role you will be reporting to the Group General Counsel.
WHO YOU ARE
Besides having a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and being a quick thinker, we believe that you are a person who is eager to solve problems and enjoy a collaborative environment of change and fast growth. The ideal candidate would be able to work out of the company’s head office in Malmö, Sweden, but we will also consider applications from those based elsewhere in Sweden or Copenhagen, Denmark (but experience with a Swedish corporate entity is a must).
We also hope to see that you check the following boxes:
- Ideal candidate will have a law degree and more than seven (7) years’ experience as a practicing attorney, with a mix of in-house and firm experience.
- Must have strong demonstrated experience in legal capacity within a regulated environment, including as counsel to a publicly-listed company.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) and the ability to identify and recommend solutions to problems.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Finally, to be the perfect fit for Oatly, we believe that you have a thirst for knowledge and that you are eager to learn more! You are an improvement driven person with a hands-on approach, even during rapid change!
We hope that you share our values and are just as eager as us to carry out our mission in order to make the world a little bit better.
COME JOIN US
As you can probably tell, we are a norm-breaking company. For us, diversity and differences are an obvious asset. We know that amazing candidates are sometimes put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box, and that makes us sad.
So if you tick most of those boxes, but not all, please pop in an application anyway. And good luck!